Well cared for roses from my garden
May 30, 2017
Here’s the thing about roses, no matter what type of rose it is, they all need several things to give their best blooms:
- Roses, need water because they must hydrate the roots, the steams, the leaves, the buds and the blooms. The larger the rose bush or tree, the more water they need because they must hydrate more components.
- They need food because they must nourish the soil and roots from which everything else grows.
- Most rose bushes need at least six to eight hours of sunlight each day to bloom and perform well.
We aren’t very different from my roses. To do our best, we need:
- Water – Jesus is the living water – John 4:10
- Food – Jesus is the bread of life – John 6:35
- Sunlight – Jesus is the light of the world – John 8:12
Are we giving ourselves enough Jesus? If not, it is why we aren’t doing our best. It is why we’re not fulfilling our call. It is why we are not able to press towards the mark of the higher call, which is IN Christ Jesus.
Challenge yourself to get rid of the excuses and start giving yourself what you need – enough Jesus.
Living Above Mediocrity,
Min. Anita Wamble
© Copy written material