June 21, 2018
It seems like we were saying, “Happy New Year” yesterday but the stark reality is, we are almost halfway through this year. For many of us, this year has been one trial, one tribulation or one hurdle after another.
Have you ever noticed that when you’re going through difficulties everything seems to hit at once?
Just when you think something is going to breakthrough, you’re slammed with another trial, another issue, another circumstance. Disappointments mount and you feel like you’ll never make it out.
When we going through the wilderness, there are several things we need to remember in order to help us through these difficult times:
1. We are not alone. “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
2. God is faithful. “The one who calls you is faithful and He will do it.” I Thessalonians 5:24
3. You will not fault or faint. “He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.” I Corinthians 1:8
4. God is fighting for us. “With him is only the arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said.” II Chronicles 32:8
5. We are guaranteed victory. “But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” I Corinthians 15:57
6. Have faith. “And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9
God is our Abba Father. He’s our dad. We have an intimate relationship with him. He’s not an absentee father, he’s a dad that’s always there. He is a very present help in the time of trouble. (Psalms 46:1)
Keep praying. Remember, you have the victor, Jesus Christ, living in you.
Living Above Mediocrity!